Alex's Freedom Fortress - JLA Mod
The award-winning mod for Freedom Force!
Play with the heroes of the DC Universe as they face their greatest foes.
Credits - Spoiler Warning: You may not want to
see credits until after you play the mod!
Pawns of Darkness - Parts I, II, and III
Darkness - Part IV
The League faces an unstoppable invasion, bent on Earth's destruction.
But is it really what it seems?
The opposition grows in number as the situation
spirals out of control ... but the League has allies of their own.
Darkness - Part V
Darkness spreads as the forces of Apokolips
unleash the real onslaught. The League makes a last desperate stand. But
will it be enough?
Darkness - Part VI
The battle escalates to the JLA Watchtower as
Superman falls. And Batman once again proves that he is the most
dangerous man on the planet.
Darkness - Part VII
The battered League faces
a final showdown with the Dark Lord of Apokolips. You will not believe the
secrets revealed in this double-sized shocker!
For those of you who want to get into modding - this is the actual "shooting script" I wrote for the JLA
Mod. I present it here so it can serve as an example for any budding modders out there. It
contains the first 6 issues of the JLA Mod in MS Word format.
JLA 1-6 Script.doc
Basically, the order I work on mods is this:
- First I write (and rewrite and rewrite!) the shooting script
- I add any new characters and powers to the mod using the FF Editor or even
better, my EZ Hero Utility
- I add any new skins and meshes (or at least temporary
ones in case skinners or meshers are working on new goodies I've
- I send out the script to the voice actors, who will eventually get all
their lines in mp3 format back to me
- While I wait, I edit the strings.txt, speech.txt, and captions.txt files
with all the new lines and characters
- I also start doing the Python scripting for cutscenes and build new maps
- I get to the actual gameplay and do any needed mission coding (This is usually
quicker for me than the cutscenes, which take me a while)
- Tweak sound volumes and add any new music which I've chosen
- Play test (getting volunteers when needed)
- Package it up and ship it out!
But it all starts with the "shooting script"!